Friday, August 20, 2010

Trouble downloading avast antivirus?

My Dad got a new laptop...and I'm trying to download avast antivirus but it keeps freezing up and I keep having to restart it. I know it's not because there's not eough free space or anything. So any suggestions would be helpful.



Trouble downloading avast antivirus?computers



If he really wants to protect it, get real anti virus, the free stuff will just cause more problems then it solves.



Trouble downloading avast antivirus?hijack this



Let me guess, he has Windows Vista, I have seen this a few times when installing Avast on it, try to download the installer again, if not, use another make, its not the fault of Avast, more to do with Vista.
some freeware is great. but not avast or avg.



Use Avira
Try Restarting It....
i dont think its a vista problem because i downloaded like 3 days ago and installed with no problems, uninstalled it today because i dont like the graphic and overall look, plus a lot of people and forums have said AVG is the best freeware antivirus so i downloaded it and it looks and runs fine. little resources to, thats always wonderful.
Try a different mirror.



As for the people above me who said that AntiVir is a bad program are wrong. It protects just as good as any paid program, it only is free, and takes up less resources. I'd go with Avast/AVG/Avira/AntiVir over Norton/McAfee any day.



  • make sure a college coach
  • finction as one pc
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment