Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Is the Norton AntiVirus Subscription worth it?

Norton AntiVirus Subscription v. something free like AVG, basically.



拢30 is the basic Norton upgrade. 拢55 gets you something seemingly water-tight, if you care to compare:



http://www.symantecstore.com/dr/sat5/ec_...



Is the Norton AntiVirus Subscription worth it?hijackthis



Hello,



(ANS) The Norton Anti Virus update subscription service is nothing more than a very expensive rip off from Symantec.



**I dumped Norton AV when they wanted to charge me an extra 拢12 just because I wanted to pay by debit card and not there preferred method which was (is) credit card.



**I had a total nightmare attempting to remove Norton AV from my system, it was horrific. In the end I had to goto the Symantec website and download special uninstaller program just to remove the dam thing. Plus my machine ran MUCH much faster after the program was removed. Norton Gobbles a very large amount of resources and yes! slows your system down which is one reason NOT to use Norton AV.



**I switched over to FREE AVG from Grisoft, which is in my experience a FAR FAR better product than Norton anyway. AVG has free daily updates of its control files %26 signature files. I highly rate AVG 10 out of 10 you would be hard pushed to find a better anti virus solution.



http://free.grisoft.com/



Kind Regards from Ivan



computer veteran, MCSE trained.



Is the Norton AntiVirus Subscription worth it?malware

No comments:

Post a Comment