Friday, August 20, 2010

I need good antivirus and antispyware, and all that?

Hey everyone. I'm needing good antivirus and antispyware that doesn't use up a lot of system resources, is good at detecting and removing viruses, spyware, adware, trojans, keyloggers, rootkits, and all that other stuff. I currently have these tools: ZoneAlarm Security Suite, ThreatFire, Windows Defender, Ad-Aware 2007, Advanced WindowsCare V2 Personal, CCleaner, RegCure, Spybot - Search %26 Destroy, SpywareBlaster, TuneUp Utilities 2008, and lastly Zappit!. The problem is I know I don't need all those tools for my computer to keep it free from the threats of the internet, so I'm asking you for your help so I can uninstall most of those program for something better, and more efficient. I need it to work with Windows XP, and like I said above need the program, or programs to work well. I'm also looking for something to fix my registry other than RegCure. Thanks very much for all your help.



P.S. Please do not suggest Norton products, it uses too many of my system resources, thanks again.



I need good antivirus and antispyware, and all that?ariel



I have used AVG Anti Virus, Zone Alarm Firewall, Spy-bot Search and Destroy and Ad Aware both spyware killers for years. They are all free for personal use and I have had no trouble with Viruses Trojans etc. AVG does not slow the system down as much as some other products and Zone Alarm allows a lot of personal configuration unlike the Windows Firewall. They can all be downloaded from the following linkhttp://www.computeractive.co.uk/. On the home page select downloads and then the appropriate category.I also use Windows Defender from the Microsoft site. It is safe to use two anti-spy products but never use more than one A/V as it can cause conflicts. You should run A/V and anti spy weekly. Hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment