Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Installing additional hard drive: will my antivirus automatically include it when it runs a scan...?

... or will I need to ''tell'' the antivirus that the extra HD is there? If so, how do I do this?



(Windows XP SP2 pentium 4 desktop, current HD 80gb. Installing internal 160gb HD next week. Antivirus is AVG free edition.)



Thanks for help.



Installing additional hard drive: will my antivirus automatically include it when it runs a scan...?hp



IAVG should pick it up automatically when scanning. But to make sure, turn of AVG, and then connect the HD. Turn AVG back on.



Anyway it only takes a second to check manually in AVG to make sure it sees the HD.



Installing additional hard drive: will my antivirus automatically include it when it runs a scan...?mcaffee



probably as av are set to scan everything in a computer.



I added a 160gb drive to my puter and av caught it straight away !



  • make sure a college coach
  • finction as one pc
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment