Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Problem after installing Antivirus.?

I was trying to install an antivirus Program into my computer that runs on XP and now it cant load xp fully. only loads to the point where the user is asked to enter a user password. the moment i enter the password and click o.k., the computer shuts down! Is there a solution without loosing my important files and having to reistall the xp and other applications?



Problem after installing Antivirus.?pc security



Run the windows in safe mode, and restore it back.



if this does not work just reinstall the windows without formating the drive. nothing will be lost



Problem after installing Antivirus.?symantic



That wouldn't have anything to do with Symantec would it? I just paid my annual fee and nothing seems to work. I called my pet computer expert and he said he'd had many complaints and requests for help recently. Also, my computer has slowed down, doesn't speak to my printer and I used to get a virus check every Friday evening - now - nothing.
Try booting up in safe mode (press F8 before XP starts loading). Use add/remove to get rid of the av program. Reboot %26 check. Alternatively, try using system restore.
Try coming up in safe mode by repeatedly pressing the F8 key when you power on. Once up, if stable go into the add/remove and take out the anti-virus. It should mot have that effect unless there is more than one running. It is OK to have multiple anti-spyware loaded, but can only have one anti-virus.

No comments:

Post a Comment