Friday, August 20, 2010

Why does my antivirus file open every time i turn on my computer?

The full contents of my antivirus program opens as a file folder every time i turn my computer on. how do i stop it. it is irritating.



Why does my antivirus file open every time i turn on my computer?antivirus software



We're having trouble understanding your question. I'm going to paraphrase / rewrite your question again twice and then answer both questions. I'm trying to take you literally from what you're typing with the first one, and broadly what you're communicating from the second one. Those are completely different questions. We cannot see your screen.



''Why does the folder containing the contents of the files for my Virus scanner open, every time I start up my computer?''



This is an unusual thing to have happen. Under normal operation windows explorer, the program used to view your folders and the files contained there-in, does NOT load on every single startup. And yes I agree that would be very irritating, I've had something like this happen to me before.



Check your Start --%26gt; Program Files --%26gt; Startup. See if you have a link there for explorer.exe or for ''c:\program files\my annoying program''. You can just right click from there to remove that.



If you're not finding it there, then try Start --%26gt; Run --%26gt; msconfig then click on the Startup tab and scroll down through the items there and see if you can spot it. There are various ways it might be loading, you can probably figure it out by looking for the folder destination. Something like ''c:\program files\My Annoying Program'', somewhere in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment