Friday, August 20, 2010

Should I install antivirus or firewall on new bought labtop? Speed is a major concern?

Ever since I started using PC or labtop, the speed is always a major problem!!!!



1. I am getting a new labtop, should I install the antivirus or firewall even before the first time i connect to the internet?



2. Labtop will be getting slower and slower after time. Is it because of virus, malware, adware or the memory itself?



3. Should I reformat the hard drive as soon as the speed is not statisfied?



4. Is there anything I can do despite cleaning temporary files, cookies, cache and defragmenting to make my labtop go faster?



Should I install antivirus or firewall on new bought labtop? Speed is a major concern?vista



What is a laBtop? I guess we are talking about a laPtop, and not a laBtop here.



1.Yes, you do need to install an anti-virus, an anti-spyware and firewall in your new laptop. They may slow down your laptop to some extent, but that won't be remarkable if you have anything over 1 GB of RAM. If you are not getting an internet connection in your laptop, you need not use the firewall.



2.Every system slows down with time, because of large number of software, unavailability of adequate free space, continuous over writing of erased data, and infections like viruses, malware etc. This is quite normal. Hence it is recommended to format your system every 1-2 years; it will bring back the old speed to your computer.



3.That depends on you. Reformatting too many times will damage your hardware. You should rather use system cleaning tools to keep your computer free from as much junk material as possible. Here are some:

No comments:

Post a Comment