Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Is it ok to run two antivirus software at once?

Hi! I am a descent computer user, meaning I know how to mod computers, and I know how to remove spywares, I know how to fiddle with regestry etc. But I have to know this. I know that most antivirus programs confilict with each other when you are running them at the same time. (Meaning running real-time protection at the same time.) I know that they conflict, but one time, I installed two antivirus programs at once, and I had no touble with them. (Antivir and AVG free Edition.) I know that there should be a conflict between these two, (well theoradically...) but I know seen no problems at all. It is ok to run both of them at the same time? (Maybe more protection???)



Is it ok to run two antivirus software at once?software



Avast and AVG run ok together. AVG and Antivir run ok together. Avast and Antivir have a small confliction however.



Is it ok to run two antivirus software at once?vincent



It is said that if you try running two anti-virus softwares, damage could result for your computer. However, if you try installing one software system while another already exists on your computer, most programs wont allow you to. You have to pick one or the other. Choose Norton though, its what I like. Btw, anti-virus software is only highly effective when updated regularly, no matter how many ones you have.
You already know, so, if you want to run two then go ahead. It's your computer.
no only ur computer speed will be slow nothing more protection against virus with 2 antivirus at a same time
It is possible that 2 AV programs running live scans at the same time can cause your computer to crash. They see each other as a threat, try to eliminate each other, and go into an endless loop. It doesn't always happen but it could. (Personal experience showed me this to be true.)

No comments:

Post a Comment