Friday, August 20, 2010

Does using Symantec Antivirus make my computer start up slow?

I have no adware found, clean up internet files n cookies often, run spyware all the time and it takes forever to get my computer going. We were talking about it in class today the Norton Antivirus makes your computer do the same thing, but I wasn't sure about Symantec??



Does using Symantec Antivirus make my computer start up slow?firewall



Norton Antivirus and all of it's subsidiaries are notorious for slowing down computers. It has been well documented time and time again. It slows the computer down because in order to ''safe guard'' your Windows files, they move them to a more secure location. Windows then tries to access those files for basic operations, and can't find them right away, thus slowing your computer down.



Uninstall it as soon as you can for two reasons: It drastically slows down the computer, and it also doesn't work. It's one of the worst antiviruses in my opinion.



I have Kaspersky, and I haven't had one virus, spyware, adware, trojan or hidden process. It truely is the best antivirus available.



Does using Symantec Antivirus make my computer start up slow?husqvarna



Symantec is simply the name of Norton's parent company, and yes, Norton is a resource intensive program so if you haven't sufficient system resources, it can slow down your computer significantly, especially if it is scheduled to run a full system at start up.

No comments:

Post a Comment